Home Forums Nutrition Healthy Recipes Reply To: Healthy Recipes

OliOli
Participant

This is a recipe I make quite often on Sunday to heat up during the week. I make my own bone broth in the IP on Saturday and use it in this soup. This is from meljoulwan.com. And if you want to add meat you can do some shredded up chicken or even large bits of bacon on top.

SILKY GINGERED ZUCCHINI SOUP
Prep 10 min | Cook 60 min | Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
4 large cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon (mild) to 1 teaspoon (hotter) powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (if you’re not on AIP)
4 medium zucchini, about 2 pounds, chopped*
4 cups high-quality chicken broth

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot on medium heat, 2 minutes. Add onions, then smash garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife or the bottom of a glass and add to pan. Stir often and cook until the onions and garlic are soft and golden, but not browned, about 7 minutes. Add salt, ginger, and black pepper; stir to combine.
2. Toss the zucchini into the pot. Stir to coat the zucchini with fat, then cook ’til beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Let the zucchini cook 45 to 60 minutes until it’s very soft.
4. VERY carefully, purée the zucchini and broth in a blender or food processor, or with an immersion blender. If you’re using a blender, work in batches, filling the canister only halfway and holding a towel over the lid while you purée. Eat immediately, or store in a covered container in the fridge.