Here’s an easy and delicious recipe for a dinner or lunch meal!
Baked Honey Soy Chicken
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Serving size: 4
1.5 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
3 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
5 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
0.5 teaspoon of ground ginger
0.5 teaspoon of ground black pepper
4 cloves of garlic, minced
*salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Take a 9×11″ pan and cover with foil. Spray Pam (or any other non-sticking cooking spray) over cooking area where you will lay the chicken tenders.*Please use foil because the recipe requires soy and honey, which that combo is really hard to scrape off if no foil is used.
3. Lay chicken tenders on top of foil-lined pan.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, olive oil, ginger, black pepper, and salt/pepper if needed. Once you’re done mixing with a spoon, pour half of the mix on top of the chicken (one side first).
5. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes (uncovered).
6. When that side is done baking, flip the chicken tenders over and pour any leftover mix that you may have. Now, bake this side for another 15-20 minutes (uncovered).
7. Remove from oven, and then you’re ready to eat! I usually pair this chicken with some brown rice and stir-fry vegetables 🙂